Saturday, August 22, 2009

Back to School

The time has come for me to pack up my belongings and migrate back to Simpson College. This will mark my 6th year at this institution, and I am happy to say it will be my last. Changing majors and falling into the Education Program at Simpson has prolonged my stay, but I feel that I have become an educated individual nonetheless. I'm afraid this year will drag on with the monotony of the previous years, but I've been trying to spark my enthusiasm with a few positives:

1) If I'm still in school, I don't need to start paying off my student loans...which is good because it is difficult to find a decent job. Hopefully the job market will improve by next May.

2) I get to further my education. If there is one thing I have truly learned in college, it is the fact you can never learn too much.

3) I get to spend the next 9 months living with my friends. (Side note: I like to pull pranks on my friends...I can't wait to cover someone's bed in peanut butter this year!!!)

4) Since I'm close to home and taking classes in the Fall, I will still be able to visit all the same hunting and fishing spots. I thought I was going to be student teaching this Fall, which would limit my hunting and fishing time severely. I've decided to student teach in the Spring, however, which means I will only miss turkey season (and with the last few turkey seasons I've had, I'm really not too torn up about missing it).

With a new school year comes new school work. I imagine my schedule will be relatively busy as I bust my butt trying to complete a 25 page Senior Research Project. With a full load of classes, I still hope to have time for some blogging. This might be my last devoted bow season for a few years, so I hope to make it count and share it with everyone who would like to read it.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with school, and I hope hunting season goes well for ya this year. I can't imagine missing a turkey season - no matter how bad it is - but I can understand that your education comes first.

    I'm sure you'll appreciate the hunting time that much more, considering how busy you will be.

    Good luck again.

    ReplyDelete